Maybe—just maybe—you’re doing it all wrong. Here are some astrological dating tips to help you find love in the Year of the Rabbit.
January 22 is just around the corner! And with the Lunar New Year signaling a new beginning, there’s no better time for, ahem, singles like you to make that perfect match by seeking out a good dose of cosmic wisdom.
Wait, it’s already 2023, and yet you still believe in these star signs? Well, here’s an interesting fact: Tinder’s Year in Swipe revealed that these star signs are actually the most popular type of descriptors added to Tinder bios! This means that young adult singles on Tinder are aligning with the stars for their dating destiny.
See Your Romantic Fortune at Tinder’s 2023 Zodiac Readings
To help you leap into love this spring season, Tinder has partnered with Feng Shui Master Adelina Pang to see what is in store for each Chinese zodiac sign, along with astro-inspired dating tips to further boost your fortune in romance.
- Rabbit (1975, 1987, 199)
Finally, what you’ve been waiting for is coming! Take advantage of your meticulous nature to reevaluate your dating priorities. You can do this by setting expectations early on and engaging in healthy communication for a “hoppy” love life.
- Tips: You can get more potential matches if you update your Relationship Goals on your profile.
- Lucky First Date: Don’t hesitate to go for simple hangouts, like going for a walk or grabbing coffee to ease yourself into the dating scene.
- Best matches: Goat, Pig, and Dog
- Dragon (1976, 1988, 2000)
You will soar this year, just like you sign. Overall, your fortunes will truly bring you joy and a deep sense of fulfillment. While there may be days that you’ll be feeling a little less optimistic, never fear to put yourself out there. You and your wonderful personality make you a total package.
- Tip: For a more authentic connection, select between three to five interests on your profile.
- Lucky First Date: Look into your similarities and do activities that both of you are passionate about, like playdate with your fur babies or going on a foodie date to find the best vegan restaurant in Singapore.
- Best matches: Monkey, Rat, and Rooster
- Snake (1977, 1989, 2001)
This is seriously the year for you. With your energy and magnetic charm, more and more people will be drawn to you—and that may influence the relationships that you will foster. In fact, you may find better opportunities calling from lands far and wide.
- Tip: Have you ever entertain the though of going some place else? Explore new horizons with Tinder Passport™. Do this by simply searching by city or dropping a pin on the map. Then, start liking, matching, and chatting with others at the destination of your choice.
- Lucky First Date: While it might seem quite impossible and overwhelming, going overseas might provide you with new experience. If this isn’t feasible as of the moment, well, you can always be a tourist here in Singapore!
- Best matches: Rooster, Ox, and Monkey
- Horse (1978, 1990, 2002)
Seems like the universe has other plans for you. This year, you will be experiencing the tai sui, or the Chinese equivalent of Mercury retrograde, throughout the year. However, fear not, because, with your innate ability to make wise decisions, you will be able to restrain yourself from making rash decisions as you know exactly what it is that you are looking for and how you are planning to achieve it.
- Tip: Elaborate on the ‘About Me’ of your Tinder bio. Be more open to include your dating intentions and the expectations you want to set in order to attract your perfect match.
- Lucky First Date: You can host a game night with your match. This way you can get to learn more and deeper about them through some lighthearted and fun activities.
- Best matches: Tiger, Dog, and Goat
- Goat (1979, 1991, 2003)
The year 2023 is genuinely the G.O.A.T. (Greatest of All Time) for you! With that mesmerizing personality that you have, you will be able to make new connections that will not only benefit your love life but also your work prospects. The infectious energy that you have will help guide others to find the spark that they’ve been longing for. Hence, embrace the chances of being a wingmate!
- Tip: One great way to find someone who can understand your thoughts and behavior is to include your job title in your Tinder bio.
- Lucky First Date: Tag along your BFF and bring your match out on double date to an escape room! Yes, what better way to get to know someone that to know how they deal with problems.
- Best matches: Pig, Rabbit, Horse
- Monkey (1980, 1992, 2004)
This year, your mantra would be: “Work hard, play hard”. You have to learn to determine your self-worth and not let anyone or anything taint what you worked so hard to achieve. Remember: you are amazing just the way you are.
- Tip: As much as possible, stay away from overthinking by trying out Explore so that you can better find a match whom you can zen out with.
- Lucky First Date: Try a stress-free activity like yoga or meditation classes. They truly do wonders!
- Best matches: Rat, Dragon, Snake
- Rooster (1981, 1993, 2005)
With that fierce independence, you’ll definitely be gravitating towards personal development this year. But while personal growth is great, know that you don’t have to put your love life on the side lines. Note that going out with someone who interests you is one great way to (re)discover yourself and the relational skills that you already have.
- Tip: Voicing out your stand on social issues can break a match. However, it can also attract those who share the same mindset as you. Thereby, matching you with someone who can understand your POV and where you are coming from. Time to edit that bio! Share your causes now.
- Lucky First Date: Channel your energy and find more meaning in building your relationship through volunteering activities.
- Best matches: Snake, Ox, Dragon
- Dog (1970, 1982, 1994)
Guess who’s blessed with Love Luck this year. Yep, it’s time to seize every opportunity to meet new people because you’re getting that double dose of good fortune in dating!
- Tip: As someone who’s really into sports and outdoor activities, you can try adding your workout preferences to your Tinder bio.
- Lucky First Date: Go out. Attend concerts or join any upcoming sporting event. Put into reality the Tinder experience that you both had.
- Best matches: Tiger, Horse, Rabbit
- Pig (1971, 1983, 1995)
Looks like you’ll be using the #blessed so much this year with all the opportunities that will come your way. With all these, make sure to always stay true to yourself to make wonderful connections and avoid being misunderstood by others.
- Tip: According to studies, around 40% of the members aged 18-25 have added their anthem on their profile – and by doing so, they have increased their matches up to 10%! So, what are you waiting for? Add your soundtrack to Spotify Anthems now!
- Lucky First Date: Break the ice and sing your heart out in a karaoke!
- Best matches: Rabbit, Goat, and Tiger
- Rat (1972, 1984, 1996)
Without a doubt, your hard work will pay off this year. Success in your career is waiting. But that does not mean that love will take a backseat. No. In fact, your Love Luck is quite excellent, and you become more and more irresistible for your match to meet. Therefore, make the most of that charm!
- Tip: To be more confident in swiping, head to Tinder.com on your computer and use Tinder’s Desk Mode feature.
- Lucky First Date: Plan out an activity that goes beyond your comfort zone. Why not try bouldering? Hiking or mountain climbing perhaps?
- Best matches: Monkey, Dragon, Ox
- Ox (1973, 1985, 1997)
Seems like you’ll be basking in this year’s relaxing energy with so much pleasure to enjoy. However, take precautions, especially with your finances. Also, remember that your potential match can see through your intentions.
- Tip: Look through your potential match’s Tinder bio. Find out what’s their communication style or love language.
- Lucky First Date: Go out on a hike or try picnic or cloud watching. You don’t necessarily need to spend so much. What’s important is that you’re enjoying each other’s company.
- Best matches: Rooster, Snake, and Rat
- Tiger (1974, 1986, 1998)
Unfortunately, this year might be a little challenging for you when it comes to love. However, staying kind to your partner or your potential match will go a long way in squashing the bad qi (or energy).
- Tip: Always pay attention to your matches. Note the little things about them, like their most recent holiday try, outdoor activities, or book reading. Know that it truly gives a wonderful feeling when someone remembers all the little details of you. Hence, increasing the chances of a successful match.
- Lucky First Date: Make a lasting impression on your match by doing creative activities with them, such as camping, BBQs, going on a gastronomic adventure, and the like.
- Best matches: Horse, Dog, and Pig
As Fengshui Master Adelina Pang puts it: “As we bid goodbye to the roaring Tiger, we welcome the gentle Rabbit who is known to bring peace and prosperity in Chinese astrology. Young singles (18-25) looking to meet someone new this year can expect to do so in an environment of calm and balanced energy. Whatever one’s relationship goals are this year, with these Zodiac readings and tips, young adult singles can make the best out of the Year of the Rabbit to bring new connections, improve their love luck, and set themselves up for romantic success.”